Wednesday 21 November 2012

L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream

Ok, I'll admit it, I am so late to the BB Cream party. I hadn't even heard of them until about a month ago!

At first I thought hmm they sound a bit like tinted moisturisers, what's the big deal? But after researching a bit more, I can see that they are a little different.

For those of you who have also had your head stuck in the sand, a BB Cream is said to prime, moisturise, cover blemishes and provide SPF protection as well as a host of other claims. Bascially they are supposed to be everything rolled into one. The idea originated in Korea with the Korean brands being quite popular.

I did use my own moisturiser before applying, which I have heard you should do.
After reading some online reviews, I decided to give the L'Oreal Nude Magique a go.





My Skin: Dry, red blemishes, acne prone

What it says on the bottle:

  • Bare Skin Beautifier
  • 5 in 1
  • Mimics the texture and glow of perfect bare skin
  • 24 hr hydration
  • SPF 12
  • Smart Pigment Capsules
  • 30ml
  • Available in 2 shades: Medium and Light. I'm using the Light Skin Tone colour
  • Price: £9.99


So, on squeezing the cream out of the tube, it is white in colour with little blue specs. These give it a slightly gritty texture. but not so much that it would irritate the skin. The formula is quite thin. When you apply the cream to your face (with fingers) it changes colour. I did find the colour a tad too dark for my skin and had to use bronzer around my neck area to blend it a bit.

The cream doesn't feel wet at all, it strangely drys up as soon as it's applied and almost looks like a light powder finish. It evened out my skin tone quite a bit, but I had to reapply in some areas that weren't covered from the first layer. It seems to build well, but there were still come blemishes I needed to top up with concealer.

I would describe the coverage as light. It is nice to have something on your face that doesn't feel heavy for a change. You don't really feel like you are wearing makeup.

I wore this to work one day, and it didn't last the full day sadly. I'm happy to wear something like this on the weekend though when my skin gets a bit of a break.

Overall, I thought it was decent for the price and a good alternative to foundation. If the colour was a little lighter, I would be very happy with it.

It claims to give a "fresh dewy glow", but I actually found it to be the opposite. It is definitely more of a matt finish, but could have been down to my dry skin.

Hydration - it claims to have 24 hour hydration. Well I wouldn't be keeping it on for 24 hours to test that! but it isn't as drying as some foundations I've used and it does improve the dryness in my skin.

So bad points for me - the colour is a little too dark and coverage could be a little better, but I don't mind touching up with concealer in return for a lighter feeling makeup.

Watch this space for my next review of the Dr Jart BB Cream (one of the original Korean brands), which is completely different from this one :)





No comments:

Post a Comment